Thursday, January 6, 2011

Full blown scone

I made scones! Ok, it was a mix and all I did was add water and bake. But it still counts. I don't really know what a scone is, but it tastes delicious.

Sometimes it's the small things that can make your day. A sunset, a tasty treat, a shared laugh, an unexpected adventure. I want to remember all those perfect happy moments. It occurs to me that too often I get stuck in the rut of the weekday routine, just wishing all my weekdays away so I can get to the weekend. But why would I want to wish away or hurry along five sevenths of my life? I love waking up on a Saturday morning knowing that anything can happen and the day is mine to do with what I choose. But technically all my days are mine to do with what I choose. I want to find ways to inject more fun and spontaneity, more relaxation and wonder into all my days.

I am still figuring out how to do this. But I think eating some scones is a good start.

Lyric of the moment: "Every waking moment I'm alive. I'm searching for you. Whether I know it or not. Or whether I realize..."

No comments:

Post a Comment