Monday, August 6, 2012

New perspectives

They say that when the student is ready, the teacher appears. This is what life's teachers are telling me today:

"You are a trapeze artist. You have to let go of one swing in order to grab the next one. There is that moment of being airborne in between when you are holding on to nothing, and trusting that the other swing will come toward you." (from Beth Howard's Making Piece: A Memoir of Love, Loss and Pie. I'm a lover of both memoirs and dessert, so it must have been kismet that the library brought us together.)

"Love what you are doing, until you can do what you love. Love where you are, until you can be where you love. Love the people you are with, until you can be with the people you love most. This is the way we find happiness." (from www.marcandangel.com).


That sounds way easier said than done, but I'm going to give it a try. I know I have to let go, to stop wanting things to be a certain way, to stop wanting at all. I have to find a way to be in this moment, to experience the joys and the sorrows without judgement, without attachment, without fear.

I'm so lucky to have parents who love me and want the best for me, who came over with all new plants to replace the dying ones in my front yard and to have a boss who told me "We just love you so much. It breaks my heart whenever there is a tear in your eye." I'm so lucky just to be here at all, surrounded by all these amazing people.

Lyric of the moment: "Cause my head just aches when I think of the things that I shouldn't have done. But life is for living we all know, and I don't want to live it alone..."


No comments:

Post a Comment