Tuesday, August 14, 2012

When things don't go according to plan, forget about plans & enjoy the adventure

Sign at the fancy acupuncture place my boss
sent me to. I thought it was a nice reminder.
Sometimes I feel anxious to have my life all in order and frustrated that things haven't really gone the way I wanted this year. But I know that life rarely goes according to plan and a lot of things that happen to me will be out of my control. I still don't know how to completely accept that, but this year I'm learning from experience that certain reactions aren't terribly helpful.

Such as, beating myself up for things that are out of my control and/or not my fault. I give my all to the things and people I love and as long as I keep living that way, I have nothing to regret. I don't want to feel bad about myself because I got hurt or because someone else didn't think I was worth holding on to. Sometimes these things happen. I know I'm nowhere near perfect, but I think I have at least some good things going for me. And if anyone disagrees, I'm certainly open to suggestions on how to improve.

I guess when things don't go according to plan, I should forget about plans and enjoy the adventure. I don't know what will happen or where I'll end up. I hope I make it to Awesometown, but I'm at least going to have as much fun as possible on the way. All I can do now is focus on the things that make me happy, spend time with friends and family and hope for the best.

No matter how many times I fall, I have to keep getting up and putting myself out there and being open to life's possibilities. I think I have a pretty strong foundation - physically, mentally, financially - which will hopefully put me in a good position to seize opportunities that present themselves.

Lyric of the moment: "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life. I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky..." (because I hope Pearl Jam is right and this will happen to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment