Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bad day = good run

What a (insert expletive here) week. Work is exhausting. Some things are unnecessarily complicated. Sometimes I wonder if it's more drama than it's worth.

I thought I would follow my heart. But I forgot that my heart is an idiot.

The upside of crappy days is that they usually lead to good runs. So far this week I did a 6 mile run with Shooter at a little over 8 minute mile pace, a fast 5 miles of hills with Eric and Sheila and a 7 mile run on the treadmill at an average of 8:30 pace.

Still, I can never seem to outrun the feeling of not being good enough. My brain is an idiot too.

But whatever. I'm sure everything will work itself out, as it is prone to do.

Life, for all its ups and downs, does have a fantastic sense of humor. I was running on the treadmill at the gym tonight when Watch-it-Phil walked by and waved at me (apparently he goes to my gym) so of course I immediately thought "sun's out guns out" and started laughing.

Even on bad days, there is always something that makes me laugh. And always people who make me smile.

Lyric of the moment: "Even on a cloudy day I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun..."

4 comments:

  1. Jeff and I got a kick out of that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quotes by Shoooter

    "If you wait for your underwear to change itself, you will end up with dirty underwear!"

    (Speedo dance)

    That is all I can say that will be somewhat constructive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha Shooter, you are the creepiest, by which of course I mean funniest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait.... so your telling me this is the same underwear I have had one for a few years now?? Oh crap.... literally.

    ReplyDelete