Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Funny how it takes a lot of effort to get to effortless

Yesterday's 8 mile run with Shooter and Eric was my favorite kind of run - it was a nice 60 degree day, I felt great, and everything just fell into place. It was running at its most basic - no water bottle, no iPod, no watch, no 3 layers of winter clothing.

I love days like that, where it seems almost effortless. I wish I could find more of that in the rest of my life.

Sometimes I hesitate too much, always one foot in and one foot out. But I don't want to do that anymore. I don't want to think too much or worry too much about the future. I'd rather enjoy the present. I don't know what will happen or where I will end up. But I'm excited to find out.

Lyric of the moment: "I don't want to doubt you, know everything about you. I don't want to sit across the table from you wishing I could run. I want to love you madly, I want to love you now..."

No comments:

Post a Comment