Sunday, April 3, 2011

Thank you more please

Last night Mike and I went to see Happy Thank You More Please at The Little. It was everything I love in movies - funny, quirky and cute. One of the main characters tells a story about how the key to happiness is gratitude, that with gratitude comes abundance, and you should live your life saying "thank you, more please."

And that's exactly how I feel. I know I'm so lucky to be here and I just want more and more of life.

The other day I read this essay, which I loved, especially this part: "The point of life, I think, is to leave the following status update: “I loved as much as I could, up until the last nanosecond before it was taken away from me.”"
Scenes from a weekend of good times with some of my favorite people: Relaxing nights in with funny TV. A longer run along the lake on a sunny Saturday morning. Wilbur's birthday party. Dinner and a movie. Italian love cake. Breakfast with Meghan at Patti's Pantry. Buying myself a red dress (it fits really well and was on sale for $12, now I just have to find an occasion and the balls to wear it).

Thank you. More please.

Lyric of the moment: "Happiness hit her like a train on a track. Coming towards her, stuck still, no turning back.."

2 comments:

  1. Well Sheila has about 42 dresses... so I say if we can't find an occasion for you ladies to dress up we make one. I think a theme party is in store....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!! Theme party time!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete