Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thoughts About Prospective Epic Races

So the taper has begun. Fewer miles, slower pace, resting up before my 2 big race days. Chris asked me about my race strategy and I said "I don't know, keep going?" That pretty much sums it up. I don't have any kind of formal plan. I'm not going to analyze it or take it too seriously. I'm going to do the best that I can and smile and stay positive and keep going. And whatever happens, happens.

No worries, be happy.

Or something like that.

Who knows where thoughts come from? I don't. But here they are:

Even when I run solo, I never run alone. To all my homies, I am eternally grateful and continually in awe of you.

I wrote to a friend, "Relax, have fun and do the things that make you happy. Everything else will work itself out." I should take my own advice.

Dear Body, screw the laws of Thermodynamics. On May 15, I need you to be a perpetual motion machine.

New race/life philosophies:
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." (Teddy Roosevelt)
"Everything I do, I do it big." (Wiz Khalifa)

Sometimes I just want someone to hug me and tell me that everything will be alright. Especially if he looks like that hot guy from The Killers. Or is really good at hugs.

Lyric of the moment: "And I won't forget you. At least I'll try. And run, and run tonight. Everything will be alright..."

3 comments:

  1. i am not a hot guy, but i will give you hugs anytime you need them! and you are going to run this marathon so well and i am going to be in awe of YOU!!!! You rock! --Sheila :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im kinda hot... but married to the chic in the first comment..... maybe she will allow me to share my hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not wearing pants! Want to HUG?

    ReplyDelete