Friday, April 8, 2011

One step forward

So my 83 year old boss thinks it's his responsibility to marry me off. He says anyone can get dates but it's hard to find someone for the "long haul through life." He's concerned that if I don't get married and have a family, there will be no one to take care of me when I'm old.

I know he means well, but honestly I hate the idea of someone having to take care of me when I'm old. Of course it would be nice to have a life partner and grow old together, but I don't want that person to end up with the worst of me. I want to give him the best of me. When it gets to the point where I can't live the life I want and do all the things I want, I'm checking out. Maybe I only say this because I'm still young, but I'd rather have a shorter life of higher quality than a prolonged decline.

Anyway, it's Friday and I'm in a good mood regardless of awkward personal conversations at work and foot pain. I have a lot more running and traveling and hanging out with awesome people to do before I get old.

Lyric of the moment: "One foot in and one foot back. But it don’t pay to live like that..."

No comments:

Post a Comment