Saturday, April 23, 2011

Better the second time around

Today's 20 mile run was much better than last week. There were pace groups for the first 7 mile loop, then I ran an additional 13 miles with a few guys who are veteran marathoners, some of whom are also running Cleveland. I'm glad there are a lot more Fleet Feet people running Cleveland than I originally thought.

I think the nicer weather definitely helped. It was still windy, but warmer and the rain held off. My legs got tired again around mile 18, but I like to think it's just more awesomeness building up in there. No doubt this race is going to hurt. I just have to focus on the positives and keep on going. My excitement is finally starting to win out over my apprehension. Today was the first time I thought I might actually be able to do this marathon thing. I'm sure going to give it my best try.

I've put in the miles. Now it's time to relax and enjoy it.

Lyric of the moment: "I wouldn't wanna have it any other way. I'm addicted and I just can't get enough..."

2 comments:

  1. Jen, you're going to kick a$$ in this marathon! I'm glad you were able to find more people who are running the full in Cleveland! If I could've I would've.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "more awesomeness building up in there" haha love it

    ReplyDelete