Monday, April 21, 2014

A good traveler

I always make wishes over railroad tracks. Not because there's some magic in touching my hands to the ceiling and lifting my feet off the ground when driving over railroad tracks. But because it's those split seconds where I have to decide what to wish for that I find out what I really want.

I wished for a relationship that goes the distance. (Which I probably shouldn't have told you, since now it might not come true. Or maybe it will. I'm not hip to the Universe's rules of wish fulfillment.) But I'm trying to be a good traveler. And "a good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving." So I think my real wish is to be a positive influence on everyone I meet, a force of love, laughter, adventure and ridiculousness. The truth is that however long you stay, I will always love you. That is the Robot experience. Bring your passport.

The only way I can think to proceed is to leave behind expectations, fears, insecurities and doubts and embrace the crap out of wherever I am. I don't know what the future holds but I do believe all the roads lead to Awesometown.

Lyric of the moment: "You give me strength to beat the odds and overcome my fears. You make me feel like I belong under the sun...If there's love, I just want to have something to do with it. I just wanna feel yours..."

No comments:

Post a Comment