Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Even when the cookie crumbles, it is still delicious

I don't know if this is real or just my memory of it, but there is a move in Mortal Kombat where the announcer yells "Finish him!" and the victor reaches into his opponent's body and rips out his heart. And, here's the thing that always got me, the heart is still beating. That is the most accurate description of how I feel right now. As much as I dislike feeling all ripped apart and gutted, I know that my heart keeps on beating. That every time I love someone my heart gets bigger and stronger and happier, it loves harder and more unconditionally.

And this is why I can never be a cynic. Because people, even at their worst moments, are the absolute best. Even when the cookie crumbles, it is still delicious.

But seriously, enough of this sad shit. I am going to Easter Island. I don't know exactly when or how but it is happening.

Lyric of the moment: "You'll be given love. You'll be taken care of. You'll be given love. You have to trust it. Maybe not from the sources you have poured yours, maybe not from the directions you are staring at. Twist your head around. It's all around you. All is full of love..."

1 comment:

  1. I just read this, I love your non-cynic ability, I think it is what makes you such a beautiful person inside and out.

    ReplyDelete