Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Climbing the walls

If you had asked me at the beginning of this month where I'd be at the end of it, I would never have predicted here. But that is the beauty of life. When it closes a door, it opens a window. And I will jump out that window. Because I know that endings make room for new beginnings, sad times make room for happy times, and wherever life leads me, it will be one fantastic journey.

When I was a baby, I would habitually climb out of my crib and fall on the floor. I don't know why. It doesn't make any sense. It's just my nature. I can't be a bird in a cage, no matter how nice of a cage it is. I will always be climbing the walls. You can't set me free and expect me not to fly away. And I don't want to feel bad about that. It's who I am and I can't change it.

I want a big, adventurous life. I want to see everything. And I want you to come with me. If you don't want to, that's cool. I get it. But I have to keep moving. Because for me, happiness is movement and people, laughter and love, learning and growing and pushing the limits. So that's where I'm going.

I don't want to choose sides. I want to love everyone and run through the woods and laugh so hard my stomach hurts and eat cookies.

I know that part of the adventure is taking risks, being uncomfortable, getting hurt. I will stumble, I will fall, I will cry. But I will get back up again and I will smile. Onward and upward. Climbing the walls.

Lyric of the moment: "Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe..."

No comments:

Post a Comment