Thursday, April 17, 2014

Adventurers care not for shoulds

Yesterday I read something along the lines of "Joy is the natural outcome of being where you're supposed to be." Actually I think it said "where you should be." But adventurers care not for shoulds. You don't have to feel pressured by the shoulds. There is no right time. There is no right path. There are only the risks you take and the rewards that ensue. Just go to the places and do the things and spend time with the people who bring you the most joy. Just take a leap of faith. You can be a wanderer and not be fated to a life of loneliness. (At least I hope that last part is true. I'm counting on it.)

This is a pep talk I wrote for myself. Because The Doubts and The Shoulds were colluding against me. They are tricky, those bastards. They know just how to get to me. So I did the only logical thing. I put Metric's Synthetica on repeat, bought myself a half coffee half hot chocolate and went on my merry way.

Lyric of the moment: "Where I've been, I was bound to leave behind...I'm speeding out of reach. Oh, you're the one I had to meet...Wanderlust will carry us on..." And also: "Nothing I've ever done right happened on the safe side..."

No comments:

Post a Comment