Monday, April 14, 2014

New possibilities for awesomeness

The thing I love about life is that it is possible to feel sorrow and elation in the same week, that all the things I think are endings turn out to be new possibilities for awesomeness, that whatever happens I can find happiness in it. I will probably still have some moments of sadness or loneliness but mostly what I feel right now is openness and optimism.

I wrote this in 2011, and it's still what I want. It will always be what I want:

Universe, what I really want is to go new places and try new things and spend time with awesome and hilarious people. I'd like to go on fabulous trips. I want to feel like part of a team. And I'd love to cross the finish line of an epic race holding someone's hand.

Sometimes I'm still afraid that, out of all the possible options, no one would choose me, continuously, every day, forever. But I certainly wouldn't mind being proven wrong on that. In any event, I can't let the fears and the mean thoughts hold me back. I've got too much adventuring to do.

Lyric of the moment: "And if you were to ask me, after all that we've been through. Still believe in magic? Oh yes I do. Of course I do..."

No comments:

Post a Comment