Friday, July 25, 2014

2014 New Things #11: Tequila

Sometimes you decide that running 44 miles in 3 days is a good idea (you know, to prepare for the 3-day, 58 mile insanity fest race you have coming up in a little over 2 weeks) and you think a good first step will be to eat a lot of fajitas the night before, so you go to Salena's restaurant and apparently it is National Tequila Day and you really don't want any tequila but you are a person who tries new things (even if those things are terrible) and anyway, you really, really don't want any bad juju that may occur as a result of not drinking tequila on National Tequila Day.

And that, my friends, is the story of how I tried a sip of Pete's tequila shot. It smelled like paint thinner mixed with a dinosaur's morning breath and tasted like the worst ever. I'm totally adding Why would anyone ever drink the awful nonsense that is tequila? to the list of things I don't understand.

But it was definitely an experience. And life is made of experiences. So there's that. Though I don't think I need any more tequila induced experiences in my life. I'm the kind of person who thinks getting up at 4:30am to run 16 miles on a Friday is a great idea, so clearly I don't need any help making bad decisions.

Lyric of the moment: "I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier. I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist..."

No comments:

Post a Comment