Thursday, July 3, 2014

Building a rocket ship to Awesometown

I feel bad for being happy and enjoying life while others are struggling. I feel bad that someone I don't know read something I wrote about my adventures and was upset by it. I don't always understand people and why they react the way they do, but it breaks my heart to see them in pain. I just want to give them hugs and chocolate chip cookie-ice cream sandwiches and tell them that everything will be ok. That sometimes things fall apart but you can use the pieces to build a rocket ship to Awesometown. That life is beautiful and love is everywhere and aching sadness clears the way for immeasurable joy. 

All those things are true, but you have to choose to believe in them.

I want this to be a place of light and laughter and ridiculous shenanigans. I don't want it to be a cause of distress. But I can't control how other people react. I can only control how I react. And I only want to react with open arms and open heart. My door is always open. Come however you are. Lay down your burdens. Get it out and let it go. Let's put on some records and tell some stories and eat those ice cream sandwiches.

Lyric of the moment: "Say whatever you have to say, I'll stand by you. And do whatever you have to do, to get it out. And not become a reaction, no need to hurt the ones you love...And be whoever you have to be, I won't judge you...And take whatever you have to take, you know I love you. And come however you have to come, and get it out, and get it out..."

No comments:

Post a Comment