Thursday, December 22, 2011

Freefall


The hole is gone, the underlying problems seem to be fixed and things are back to good. There's still some touch up painting and cleaning to be done, but everything appears to be copasetic. It drove me crazy at the time, but once again, some temporary messiness has lead to vast improvements.

A man named John Burroughs said "Leap and the net will appear." I don't know if the net part is true, but the free fall is totally worth the risk of a potentially calamitous landing. Free fall is one of the best places I've ever been, second only to the inside of an awesomely good hug.

So here I am again, at the edge of who knows what. I have no idea what the next weeks, months and years will bring, but I'm going to do my best to accept all challenges, invitations and adventures with open arms, open mind and open heart.

For some reason I feel strangely optimistic, like anything could happen. Not that it necessarily will, but that it could.

Lyric of the moment: "And I am flawed, but I am cleaning up so well. I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself..."

1 comment: