Sunday, December 18, 2011

Why I love everyone

Today before leaving the house, I rubbed the Buddha statue's belly and wished for a sign. Later I got a text message that said "Open up and enjoy new people and experiences! Remember 'You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose,'" someone nice took me to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie, during which someone else left a note on my car that said "Here's to many more marathons! Keep it up," then I returned home to an e-mail that said "As far as I'm concerned, nothing about you is robotic; not even close--your soul is too big for such a small definition."

And days like today are why I love life and everyone in it.

This is the year I learned what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. Affection and hilarity and craziness and calamity. You can temporarily deter it or momentarily restrict it but you can't hold back an unstoppable force for long.

Lyric of the moment: "I'm a boomerang, doesn't matter how you throw me, turn around and I'm back in the game, even better than the old me. But I'm not even close without you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment