Sunday, December 25, 2011

Soundtrack for new adventures

Yesterday I made the mistake of watching Friends With Benefits. It's just the kind of romantic comedy crap that I love. And the female lead was a headhunter! (I wish our candidates looked like Justin Timberlake!) But real life isn't like the movies, all grand gestures and perfect monologues. And maybe I don't really want it to be. I don't want unnecessary drama and things that are stupidly complicated because people can't admit how they really feel and what they really want.

I went to bed sad last night, but I woke up happy. I ran up Cobb's Hill to watch the sunrise on one side and the city skyline on the other. I sat cross-legged at the top and took a few deep breaths. It's ok to be alone. It's ok to need people. It's ok to feel multiple emotions all at once and make mistakes and be vulnerable.

It's time for new adventures. My only plan is to laugh at everything, love everyone and keep going.

I don't know where it will lead, but I hope it sounds like this...
Soundtrack for new adventures:

*Shake It Out by Florence and the Machine
*Long May You Run by Neil Young
*Clark Gable by The Postal Service
*Black and Yellow by Wiz Khalifa
*Fly by Nicki Minaj
*We Are Young by Fun
*Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap

Lyric of the moment: "The thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn..." (People should say yonder more often.)

No comments:

Post a Comment