Thursday, December 1, 2011

The streak

Word.
I've never actually streaked. Running naked seems like it would be very uncomfortable. But I started a running streak in November. I ran every day, including 2 races (East Ave Grocery Run and Webster Turkey Trot), a few 11-12 mile long runs, and a bunch of shorter solo runs, for a total of 141 miles this month. Most of the time I was sick, so none of those runs were particularly fast or impressive, but I think I just needed to hit the road and work some things out.

I like running alone sometimes, but I missed my friends. Like most things in life, running is better with company.

I don't know if I'll continue the streak through December. If I decide on a race, I may adjust my running schedule accordingly. But I really want to feel better before signing up for another race. It's frustrating to run when I can't breathe well. Hopefully I'm on the right track to feeling better physically and emotionally.

This morning I ran 4 miles with Shooter, then got an unexpected bonus check at work. Even during the rough patches, life never ceases to amaze me with its awesomeness. I have my faults and there are a lot of things I'm still working on, but I am making progress. One day, one mile at a time. Maybe there is hope for me yet.

Lyric of the moment: "So, let go, let go, jump in. Oh well, what you waiting for? It's all right 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown. So, let go, let go, just get in. Oh, it's so amazing here..." (From one of my favorite movies and favorite soundtracks ever).

No comments:

Post a Comment