Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A little less conversation, a little more action

I don't know if it's a resolution per se, but I've decided my motto for 2012 will be don't think, just do. All the best things happen when I don't overthink them, when I say yes before I have a chance to talk myself out of anything.

That's how I found myself running trails at Mendon Ponds yesterday morning. I got invited to a 10 mile trail run with some Fleet Feet regulars and instead of thinking about how I'm not much of a trail runner and I've never run 10 miles on trails before, I simply said "Yes, if it's ok with everyone else, I'd love to!" And it was muddy and fun and a beautiful morning for gallivanting through the woods. I really need to run more trails. And do more gallivanting in general.

So my plan for 2012 is not to worry, overanalyze or be afraid of failure/embarrassment and instead say yes, jump in and make the best of whatever fortune or fiasco I encounter. Whatever happens, at least it will be interesting.

Lyric of the moment: "As soon as you're born you start dying so you might as well have a good time..."

No comments:

Post a Comment