Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 recap: All these things that I have done

Last year at this time, I made an agenda for awesomeness in 2014:

Do 20 new things and run 14 races. The more ridiculous, the better. Obviously. But there are no rules, other than to enjoy myself. Because the secret to awesomeness is not in being better, faster, stronger, happier (though those are often bonus side effects) but in finding the joy in every opportunity, in living with enthusiasm and love and hilarity.

I didn't plan anything out ahead of time, I just rode the wave of life where it took me. (That's one benefit of knowing lots of amazing people who invite you to join their adventures. All you have to do is say yes and awesomeness ensues). Because for me the whole point of the exercise was not to engineer happiness or joy or improvement, but instead to find it wherever I happened to be, to embrace each experience and to realize the potential for awesomeness in every moment.

Here's where 2014 lead me:

2014 Races:
1. January Resolution Virtual Run
2. Johnny's Runnin' of the Green
3. TrailsRoc Mess the Dress
4. Flower City Half Marathon
5. MedVed Madness
6. Sehgahunda Relay
7. MedVed 5K for ALS
8. Charlie's Old Goat
9. Irondequoit 4th of July 10K
10. TrailsRoc 0spf
11. TransRockies RUN3!!!!!!!!! (infinity of exclamation points!)
12. Mendon 50K
13. Veterun 5K
14. TrailsRoc 0 degree WTF

2014 New Things:
1. New Years in NYC
2. Cancun, Mexico
3. Gin (the game not the drink)
4. Ethiopian food
5. Sumo citrus
6. Flannel shirt
7. Pilates
8. Smart phone
9. Watkins Glen
10. Fit1
11. Tequila (the drink not the game)
12. SUP Yoga
13. Fivrr (I laugh so hard every time I see that logo with the bear. It's like we're running out of its mouth. Ah, good times.)
14. Floating
15. Backpacking in the Adirondacks
16. MedVed Harrier Games
17. Hygge
18. I made pie. And whipped cream
19. Sonnenberg Gardens Christmas Gala
20. Aquafit

It was a year of positive changes, most excellent beginnings and epically fantastic adventures. Not all of which are listed here. Most of which were legal. May the party continue in 2015 and beyond! I hope you'll join me. Let's go all the places and do all the things!

Lyric of the moment: "Another year you made a promise, another chance to turn it all around. And do not save this for tomorrow. Embrace the past and you can live for now...Say everything you've always wanted. Be not afraid of who you really are. 'Cause in the end we have each other. And that's at least one thing worth living for..."

No comments:

Post a Comment